Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bathing Suits Optional

Gabby

We have been home since Wednesday afternoon and all has been fantastic! The girls got their first bathing session tonight. I am sorry, as there will be no pics attached from that! I was so freaked out by the loud shriek from Gabby just being naked and out of her room that I was high on the concentration of making her comfortable! By the time I got to Olivia, my blood pressure was sky high and just focused on getting her in and out in one piece.

Olivia


You know it is so amazing to have these little people at home and try to fit to their lives. We set a schedule and try like hell to follow it. I realized yesterday that I have been so rigid on a schedule and making sure everything is just so. I found myself not having enjoyed my children like I should as a result. I rocked Olivia for about an hour and let Gabby have some tummy time on my chest...she loves her tummy time. I realized that we really must take some time to enjoy them each and every day, set some responsibility aside and just enjoy them. Makes me a teary just to think about it...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for that note... I also need to sit back and enjoy mine sometimes.... I have been a routine / schedule nazi here lately ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good advice for us all....I plan to just "be" today and enjoy Landri! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful sentiment, we can all learn from you and your beautiful babies. I can hardly wait to hold them again and again and again.
    Darlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessie! This is Trisha "Trevino". I saw your myspace page on my sister's and then found your blog page. Congratulations! They are adorable and sooo tiny! My baby girl was 8'7" and she seemed tiny to me so I can't imagine what it's like with one half that size. I read about you trying to stick to a schedule. I liked to think of ours as more of a "routine" than a schedule. Tried not to clock watch too much. But if you keep to it it will make a huge difference. But do take time also to just enjoy them. They grow up so fast! Sorry for such a long post! I can talk babies forever! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Jessie... the pics of your girls are just so amazing. I love babies so much! Congratulations! Oh and I just noticed that you and Trisha have the exact same wedding date!

    ReplyDelete