Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Would-Be Birthday


Yesterday, March 10th, was the girls actual due date. Beacuse they were delivered at 34 weeks to the day, their six week birthday fell on their due date. In celebration, being the housewife that I am, I made cupcakes and had some of the family over.

The girls are doing great. Olivia is a heaping seven pounds now and Gabby is bringing up the rear at 6.5. Their head and body control is amazing. I never would have thought they could hold up their heads and look around at just 6 weeks old! They have both started smiling, although not intentionally. Usually when satisfied after eating or as they drift off to a SHORT night's sleep.

The nights around the Garcia house are interesting. Sometimes they decide to cooperate and stick to a schedule, but during any off-times or growth spurts, they have staggered their feeding schedule or just gone crazy. We are getting through it and Pete proves to be a huge help after I yell for him through the monitor.

Things in our lives are slowly getting back to normal. I have gone back to work on Tuesday's and Thursday's and every two weeks I add a day. Next week is my first Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It is challenging to get up and going in the morning, but we are slowly building a routine. We have built on at the office and the construction should be completed by Friday. We have added a nursery for the girls, new bathroom, manager's office, dark room and two massage therapy rooms. The girls are going to work with me in their new lime green nursery! Very exciting!! Pete's business is about to take off the way it does at March/April every year. We are thankful that the both of us have such a wonderful profession that has been able to put on hold for our little angels arrival.

5 comments:

  1. HOLY COW !!! Olivia is a little PIG !!!!!!!! Miss you !! Call me soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how big they are already. They are so pretty.....I really need to meet these angels and Cooper will love them...she is into babies right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're getting even cuter. :-) I can't believe you're already back to work... you go getter, you. It seems like you and Pete are rocking this whole twin parent thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Wish we could have been at the birthday party. We miss you guys and love you and can't wait to be closer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eventhough it says magicjefe, it's Angela - I'm to lazy to sign out of his google to post. love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete