Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Party All Night


I don't know what it is about birthday's and our ability to get excited and just stay awake all night long. I will be sure to ask the twins when they get old enough to form their lips into words. Yesterday they were officially eight weeks old! They had a great day at work with Mom and then had a relaxing afternoon at the house. I should have known the calmness before the storm! They were up all night! If it wasn't Olivia wanting to nurse out of comfort, not hunger, it was Gabby wanting to sleep in the bed or just being WIDE awake! Gabby already has already got Dad wrapped around her finger. There was a point in the chaos where I was going to let her cry it out...but Dad brought her to me about ten minutes later. And no kidding, as soon as Pete left for work at about 6:30am, they slept the rest of the morning in their own bed! AMAZING!

All that aside, the girls are doing fantastic! Gabby is still bringing up the rear as far as the weight gain is concerned. She is about one pound, if not more, less than Olivia. You can really tell in the pictures!

My Grandparents came into town to see the girls and we all had a great time. They are officially GG and Grampa. We love them so much and are so excited they got to come!

Pete and I are attending a function for the Library in Azle on Friday night and will be gone for quite a while. This will be the first night out on the town and first night away from the girls for an extended amount of time! Exicted and nervous all at the same time! Of course, who knows how long my mammary glands will let me be gone! We will take lots of pics and put them up next week!

5 comments:

  1. What a little bitty girl Gabby is ... :) So adorable !! Would you believe me if I told you that Kinnley is wearing 12 month pj's right now...lol.. She is SOOO LONG !!! Almost 28 inches !! haha... Have fun out on the town .. and thanks so much for my bday present !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (The above post was me - but my husband was signed in.)

    Wow... I remember those days sooo well! They do pass. (Then, of course, they turn into rambunctious little toddlers! LOL!) Caleb had his days and nights switched for a while, and there was NOTHING I could do about it! I would take him for walks with the canopy OFF of his stroller so that the bright sun was in his little face, and he would sleep away. I think God makes babies - especially twins - so stinkin' cute so that we keep 'em. ;-)

    Oh... be sure to wear pads in your bra... and do you have a hand held pump? I've pumped in Jon's truck with a blanket over me many times! (The best being outside of Texas Stadium with a beer in one hand and a pump in the other... TMI, I know! hehehe) Have fun on your night out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going out is hard cuz you miss them so much and you know you need a break! That feeling doesn't go away even 3 months later! The girls are getting so cute and growing fast. London turned into a chunk at the end of the 2nd month and had everyone saying how skinny to Wow you feed her well! Happy & healthy is what matters right? Well I love looking in on the girls and see how all are doing, Thanks! L

    ReplyDelete
  5. The next time the twins are parting, call me. I'm probably up "partying" with Carly! How did the road trip go? See you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete