Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Seven Weeks


The girls are just the sweetest things ever...most of the time. We have accepted the challenge of taking them to the office and they have proven to be well-behaved...for two days so far! I have had some help with the bottle feeding and the crying while at work, but for the most part, they have been a pleasure to have. I will put of pics of their new lime green nursery at the office as soon as we are done with the decor.

The girls are ever changing and developing more unique personalities. Gabby is still the fiesty one. A friend says she is the "mexican" one and Olivia is the "white" one. I guess that means Mexicans are fiesty...who knew! They are definitely stronger by the day. Still breastfeeding all through the night. Sometimes just two or three times and sometimes what feels like six.

I always said I would never let my kids sleep in bed with us. WRONG! At 3am when they just want to nuzzle up to my warm body and pass out in a milk-drunken state...who could resist. I keep telling myself...just as long as they aren't starting off in the bed I am sticking to my guns...just keep on saying that.

We are officially out of preemie clothes and I think there are about three diapers left to use. The newborn diapers still are a little big, but there is no way I am buying any more preemie.

We have set our first experimental weekend roadtrip to the ranch in Kerrville for the last weekend in April. Pete is concerned about where everything will fit...I am worried about how long it will take to get there with two kids that eat every two hours and take an hour to feed!

2 comments:

  1. Oh- Jessica- they are so precious. I am just drooling over those pictures of them each by their self. Makes me want to reach through the computer screen and scoop them up! Sounds like everything is getting adjusted and I am so happy for you four! Enjoy the rest of the week!- Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you're going through with the breast feeding and letting them sleep in your bed at night. Sadee just turned one and I am dreading taking her off of "the boob" as my mom puts it. It is so hard, I don't remember what it feels like to sleep without Sadee all snuggled up next to me.

    ReplyDelete